ISIS claims responsibility for London attack – Video

Terror group ISIS has claimed responsibility for the mass killing more than 24 hours after the atrocity through their affiliated news agency Amaq.

Despite the warped death cult’s claims, Amaq recently claimed that an arson assault on a casino in Manila was ISIS-related. But CCTV footage released shortly after suggested the incident was a botched robbery and not terror related.

On Saturday on London Bridge, a three-strong terrorist gang wearing fake suicide vests were shot dead by armed police after inflicting eight minutes of terror on those enjoying a summer’s evening in the capital, killing seven and injuring 48 – with 21 still critical.

The PM delivered a firm warning to those who harbour extremists in what looked like a turning point in terror policy today after the latest terror attack struck in the heart of London.

Following the third terrorist attack in three months Mrs May defiantly confirmed Thursday’s General Election will go ahead and issued a warning to jihadis and those who harbour them as she said “things need to change”.

After chairing a Cobra meeting she said: “It is time to say enough is enough. Everybody needs to go about their lives as they normally would. Our society should continue to function in accordance with our values.

“But when it comes to taking on extremism and terrorism, things need to change.

“While we have made significant progress in recent years there is, to be frank, far too much tolerance of extremism in our country.

“So we need to become far more robust in identifying it and stamping it out – across the public sector and across society.

“That will require some difficult and often embarrassing conversations, but the whole of our country needs to come together to take on this extremism.”

The van was ploughed into pedestrians on London Bridge before the terrorists went a stabbing spree through Borough Market and the surrounding streets.

Staff at a packed pub locked the doors and barricaded revellers inside as the armed gang tried to smash their way in shortly after 10.08pm.

The first casualty to be named is Christine Archibald a charity worker from British Columbia, Canada.

Survivor Daniel O’Neill, 23, was standing outside a bar when one of the killers plunged a knife into him.

His mum Elizabeth told BBC News: “He had just stepped outside the bar for a second and a man ran up to him and said ‘this is for my family, this is for Islam’ and put a knife in him.”

Another man has posted his a picture of his friend Brett Freeman in a hospital bed calling him a “soldier” for pulling through the attack in which he claims he was stabbed four times.

The Met’s Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley has confirmed that all three of the depraved attackers were shot and killed outside the Wheatsheaf pub within eight minutes of the first call to emergency services after brave cops rushed to protect the public.

A member of the public was caught in the crossfire as police fired an “unprecedented 50 rounds”  at the terrorists, but was not critically injured.

Shortly after Mrs May’s statement Home Secretary Amber Rudd confirmed that police believe they have “all the main perpetrators” and are confident they were radical Islamic terrorists.

Echoing the PM’s words today Boris Johnson said “the wells of tolerance are running empty.”

The Foreign Secretary and former London Mayor said: “Today we collectively resolve to beat the terrorists and their nihilistic creed.

“To those who sympathise or encourage or harbour or aid or abet these killers – in any way – we say enough is enough.

“Your time is up. The wells of tolerance are running empty. We will not let you disrupt our lives or our democracy.”

“In the week of this general election millions of people need to hear the arguments on either side. They cannot have that fundamental right taken away by terrorists.”

He added: “The response of the British people will be to carry on with business and usual – as far as they possibly can – in a spirit of total defiance.”

The Muslim Council of Britain has responded to Mrs May’s comments. Secretary general Harun Rashid told the BBC the council would be launching a campaign with mosques to encourage the reporting of suspicious activity.

He said: “We are ready to have those difficult conversations, as equal citizens with an equal stake in this fight.”

Confirming the death toll had risen to seven this morning Met Police Commissioner Cressida Dick praised the “extraordinary courage” of brave passers-by who stepped in to help those injured in last night’s atrocity.

Commissioner Dick said: “Many, many people risked their own safety to help others and treat those seriously injured and to indeed confront the suspects involved.

“It’s clear to me the courage of those people during and following this attack was extraordinary.”

A French man and a Canadian have been confirmed as among those killed with PM Justin Trudeau condemning the “senseless” attack.

This morning members of the public have returned to the area to lay flowers as police, forensic teams and armed officers continue to swarm the area.

Mayor of London Sadiq Khan has announced a vigil will be held at 6pm on Monday in Potters Fields Park with a minute’s silent at 6.20pm.

Whitehall officials have told the BBC it is too early to confirm if the attackers were “subjects of interest” known to MI5 or cops.

Police have arrested 12 people including several women in burkas in a dramatic raid on a block of flats in Barking, east London, believed to be home to at least one of the attackers.

A second flat in East Ham was raided with witnesses saying two suspects were dragged away and put into police vans as snipers were poised from across the road – but cops have yet to confirm if this was related to the attack.

Investigators have also confirmed that seven women have been arrested in connection with the twisted assault.

Detectives were still investigating whether the assailants acted alone, and Mark Rowley, head of national counter-terrorism policing, said their identities would be released “as soon as operationally possible”.

Sick jihadis took to social media to praise the three terrorists who ploughed through crowds on the bridge before going on a stabbing rampage with hunting knives.

Extremists responded by saying: “These are the black days we promised”.

Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn said he was “shocked and horrified” by the attacks and praised the emergency services.

He also has dramatically U-turned on his long-held concerns over gun cops’ shoot-to-kill policy in light of the senseless attack.

Corbyn said police must have “full authority” to use “whatever force is necessary to protect and save life.”

A picture taken outside the Wheatsheaf pub in Borough Market shows the three terrorists lying dead – after being gunned down by cops.

One of the twisted attackers was pictured wearing an Arsenal football strip from the 2011/12 season.

Witness Erick Siguenza told BBC News that one of the gang screamed “This is for Allah” as he went on a stabbing rampage in the busy central London streets.

The gang had metal canisters strapped to their chests which police chief Rowley confirmed were hoax suicide vests.

Following the rampage four explosions – confirmed as controlled blasts by the police – were heard outside The Sun offices near London Bridge between 1:23am and 1:49am.

At least two cops were injured including a British Transport Police officer who was stabbed in the face by the sick extremists – the officer’s injuries are not life threatening.

Another of the cops injured was a rugby player who armed with just a baton took on the three knife-wielding terrorists as he battled to help innocent victims.

Met police have confirmed that the attacks in London Bridge and Borough Market were “terror incidents”, with Amber Rudd adding that a connection to the Manchester Attack is unlikely but can not be ruled out.

Another incident in the Vauxhall area was confirmed as an unrelated stabbing.

A huge armed police presence remains in London Bridge today with a large cordon in place as Transport for London confirms that London Bridge station will remain closed all day.

Eye witnesses at London Bridge confirmed that several bodies were “strewn on the ground” and people were receiving CPR after being randomly stabbed by the sick extremists.

Among those hurt are believed to be a bystander shot in the head by crossfire and a reveller stabbed five times.

A witness told CNN that another possible casualty jumped from London Bridge into the Thames to avoid the speeding van.

A 40-year-old witness to the stabbing rampage told The Sun: “I was in the Wheatsheaf pub. The doors were locked by the bar staff. Three men with big hunting knives were outside.

“They were trying to get in the pub but the doors were locked. They were smashing the windows.

“I saw at least one man stabbed in the chest about five times.

“Armed police turned up, I saw them shoot at least two of the guys in front of me.

“They had four to five silver canisters attached to themselves and police just opened fire.

“They fired at least 20 times. One of the guys in the pub took a bullet in the head. I think he’s dead.”

Alex Shellum, who was at Mudlark pub under London Bridge, described a horrifying attack in which a woman had her throat slit.

He said: “At around 10pm an injured woman came into the pub seeking assistance.

“She was bleeding heavily from the neck – it appeared that her throat had been cut.

“People sought to stem the bleeding and the pub was closed.”

A bomb squad and a police helicopter arrived on the scene shortly after the attack.

Paul Clarke was on the scene at a restaurant in London Bridge and heard gunfire unleashed before a man, believed to be a chef, was injured.

He said: “I saw three people coming in.

“I don’t know what he had in his hand, it looked like a big long weapon.

“There was a man, one of the kitchen staff, on the floor, and the man was doing a stabbing motion.

“I just thought, we’ve got to get out of here.”

He said he and his friends then ran from the scene.

The walking wounded were being taken by bus to Liverpool Street station, reports the BBC.

A Sun journalist at the scene in London Bridge tweeted that he saw one man being led away by police in cuffs.

Casualties were seen being taken away from Tito’s restaurant on London Bridge Street with blood on the steps of the eatery.

In horrifying footage taken from the scene, police can be heard shouting “clear the area, now” while screaming people can be seen running in fear for their lives.

Jag Sandue was at the Black and Blue steak restaurant when he said he saw several men storm in, armed with knives.

He said a man was cut down behind him, with blood spraying onto Jag’s shirt.

He told The Sun Online: “There were people throwing chairs and glasses outside and I thought it might just be a fight.

“Then I realised it was more than that, people were running.

“Next thing we know, they’re in our restaurant. People were screaming ‘they’ve got knives’.”

He said a man behind him was cut by one of the suspects in the chaos, with people running to the back of the restaurant.

Wendy Clarke, who was also at the Black and Blue steak restaurant, said: “I saw a bottle flying.

“I said ‘oh my god, what’s going on there?’

“And they (friends) got up and the next thing was just pandemonium.

“Everyone was running into the restaurant and the next thing they were shouting was ‘move, move, get out the way’.

“We got under tables.”

She said her son shouted for her help, with the teen claiming he saw one of the men wearing a suicide vest.

Wendy said: “As we were running out the restaurant, we saw blood. Blood was everywhere.”

One terrified woman said she was at a restaurant when police swarmed on the area.

She said police were firing weapons: “We had to run. There was loads of shooting.”

Officers were seen dragging startled diners and revellers out of restaurants and bars and telling them to run.

A witness named Martin said: “There’s been about eight of them stabbed. I ran up to see if they were all right but people were already with them. I was bloody terrified.

“I thought is that real? If we had of been on the other side of the road, it could have been us.”

An eye-witness who was standing with his wife at the entrance of London Bridge underground station described the attacker and how he “coldly” attacked a man.

He said: “We saw people running away and then I saw a man with quite a large blade, at least 10-inches, stabbing a man three times.

“He was stabbing him quite coldly, and then the victim slumped to the ground.”

Describing the attacker, he added: “I think he was black, dark-skinned, red tracksuit on, with a red hoodie.

“He walked quite boldly along with another guy in the direction of the Southwark Tavern pub.

“Glass bottles and tables were thrown at them, and then we heard gunshots.”

One sobbing woman said: “We were drinking in the Hawksmoor when all of a sudden a group of police ran out screaming at us to get down on the ground.

“We heard there had been an incident but we had no idea what was going on, it was so frightening.”

The Muslim Council of Britain has condemned the “cowards” who attacked the capital.

Harun Khan, secretary general, said in a statement: “I am appalled and angered by the terrorist attacks at London Bridge and Borough Market, in my home city.

“These acts of violence were truly shocking and I condemn them in the strongest terms. Muslims everywhere are outraged and disgusted at these cowards who once again have destroyed the lives of our fellow Britons.”

The US State Department also released a statement condemning the terror attack and offering assistance.

Donald Trump later phoned Mrs May and offered his condolences while praising the work of London’s emergency services.

The President had earlier tweeted “WE ARE WITH YOU” while calling for his travel ban to be reinstated.

Authorities have confirmed that Londoners can expect heightened security – including armed police – in the city following the attack.

Speaking on Sunday morning, London Mayor Sadiq Khan said: “I’ve been the mayor for 13 months. We have the best police and security services in the world, we saw that with their swift response last night. People should remain calm and vigilant.

“These terrorists want to disrupt our way of life; mixing and mingling on a Saturday night; voting on Thursday. We can’t let them do that.”

The latest terror assault came 12 days after the Manchester suicide bombing which killed 22 people – including children – at a pop concert.

The One Love Manchester concert has gone ahead with thousands falling silent in tribute to the victims of both the Manchester and London attacks on Sunday evening.

Mayor of Manchester Andy Burnham told those gathered: “We have received so many messages in recent days, so tonight, Manchester, let’s send our own to our friends in London who are going through the same as we were going through.”

Some bystanders who were trapped inside the police cordon slept in the lobby of the London Bridge Hotel and were seen being allowed out in groups of six this morning.

Police officers escorted people from London Bridge station nearly nine hours after the atrocity – some of who had slept on the floor of the Underground terminal.

Shaken witnesses were taken from the side entrance of the station just before 7am wearing foil jackets.

One witness who spent eight hours on the floor of London Bridge station said that they were trapped in a “nightmare situation”.

The woman, who didn’t want to be named, said: “A group of us were staying in the London Bridge hotel and we were having a drink next door when police stormed in and told us we had to be evacuated.

“They led us into the station and we had to spend the night on the tube floor not really knowing what was happening which was terrifying.

“We could’ve been staying in the nice hotel but were instead on the floor of the station but at least we were safe.

“It was a nightmare situation and I’m horrified about what has happened.”

Source: TheSun

Be the first to comment at "ISIS claims responsibility for London attack – Video"

Write your comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.