A military statement said that since the tunnel was blown up, forces had worked in Israeli territory to complete the destruction and that “during the ongoing work in the area, the bodies of five terrorists were uncovered”.
On Friday, the Islamic Jihad militant group had reported five of its militants were missing.
The bodies of seven other militants were recovered on the Gaza side of the frontier after the blast, raising the death toll to 12.
Israel said earlier this year it would withhold the bodies of Palestinian militants killed in attacks against its citizens in order to pressure the larger Islamist Hamas faction to return the remains of soldiers and hand back missing Israeli civilians.
Simha Goldin, the father of one of the two Israeli soldiers, urged the Israeli government to live up to its promise.
“Pressure will make Hamas understand that holding Israeli soldiers is not an asset but a burden,” he said.
Militants refuse to deal
“We are committed to regaining the bodies of our comrades and we will find a way to compel the enemy to do this,” said Dawoud Shehab, an Islamic Jihad spokesman in Gaza.
It countered the effectiveness of Israel’s “Iron Dome” anti-missile system designed to protect the country’s heartland from militant rocket barrages.
It argues this would re-start peace talks with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, which collapsed in 2014. Hamas has rejected the demand.
Hamas accused Israel of trying to “sabotage efforts to repair Palestinian unity”, referring to the reconciliation agreement forged last month, in which the Palestinian Authority will take over administration of the Gaza territory in December.