After Kulanu MK Merav Ben-Ari, one of the three government members of the subcommittee, said on Sunday that she would vote in favor of publishing the document, coalition chairman MK David Bitan said on Monday that he and the prime minister were in favor of publishing the report as well.
One of the critical sections of the report drafted by the state comptroller deals with concerns that the security cabinet was not warned by the prime minister, the defense minister or the IDF chief of staff of the threat posed to Israel by Hamas’ tunnel network ahead of the 55-day Operation Protective Edge in Gaza in the summer of 2014.
It is also believed that the report criticizes the same trio for failing to warn the security cabinet that the chance of war with Hamas was high, and for not providing sufficient information during the operation.
A public letter issued earlier this week by families of 55 soldiers who were killed during the war put pressure on the government to publish the document.
Be the first to comment at "Netanyahu under fire for 2014 Gaza War"