The death toll of Turkish soldiers in Syria’s Al-Bab has increased to 16, Defense Minister Fikri Isik said on Thursday.
Isik’s remarks came during a speech in the parliament in Ankara, where he briefed deputies about the ongoing Euphrates Shield Operation in northern Syria.
“Over 1,000 Daesh terrorists have been killed since the beginning of the Euphrates Shield operation,” the Turkish defense minister said.
Isik also gave out some more numbers about the operation as well, saying four Daesh tanks, 29 mortar bombs, 97 vehicles — of which 41 were armed –, 61 defensive positions, 28 command posts and 17 armories were destroyed.
“Also in the operation, 299 PKK/PYD/YPG terrorists were neutralized,” the minister said, adding 14 buildings, four defensive positions, five vehicles and a drone of the terrorist group were destroyed.
Meanwhile, the Turkish General Staff in a written statement said 90 Daesh targets had been destroyed in airstrikes on Al-Bab, while 160 terrorists were killed during Thursday’s clashes.
Operation Euphrates Shield began in late August to improve security, support coalition forces and eliminate the terror threat along Turkey’s border using Free Syrian Army fighters backed by Turkish artillery and jets.
Be the first to comment at "Al-Bab: Death toll of Turkish soldiers rises to sixteen"